Top 5 Cruise Trips in India
by Khushi Mohunta
The Indian coastline beautifully traverses the cartography of oceans and rivers. If you are looking to unburden yourself from the hassles of your daily life and rejuvenate, relax, and refresh, we have your back. Apart from rejuvenation and exploration, there are plenty of reasons to go on a cruise trip. If you love to travel with kids on adventurous expeditions, here is a list of the top 5 cruise trips to India that combine change, cruise, and children. Let’s get sailing!
Top 5 Cruise Trips Across India
- Brahmaputra River Cruise: India is blessed with bountiful rivers, but the Brahmaputra River flowing in Guwahati, Assam, is an exception. The mighty river offers a vast shoreline to experience a cruise. An adventure of a lifetime that brings one closer to the “real India.” The cruise starts from the banks of the river Brahmaputra and boasts rich galore, from wildlife to tea gardens and plantation estates. The Brahmaputra River Cruise has live music, cool breezes on the deck, serene views, and lively evenings in store for kids. Where adults can relish the fine fragrance of handpicked tea leaves, kids can absorb themselves in the lively atmosphere. The cruise covers adventurous takes throughout the Brahmaputra like Rhino Sightseeing, River Island Cruise, Brahmaputra Maximum and Brahmaputra Taster. Assam Bengal Navigation and Alfresco Grand are the luxury cruises you can bon voyage on.
2. Chilika Lagoon Cruise: Chilika Lagoon, Odisha’s largest unique brackish water system, is an ecological heritage for dolphins and endangered species. Its beauty lies in the isolated island environment, natural ecological ambience, fisheries, island environments, and migratory birds. The Chilika lagoon along the east coast of India has deposits of huge littoral sediments separated from the Bay of Bengal. Colourful birds always fascinate children. If your child loves fauna, Chilika welcomes a large number of migratory birds. The luxury houseboat cruise Garuda offers a meeting room for professionals, a playroom for children, and a spa and sauna for women.
3. Goa Cruise: Go! What are you waiting for? Begin organising your schedule as we bring you another exciting trip hotspot in India. India’s most loved beach destination, Goa, is a treasure trove of exquisite and refreshing things to do! From beach hopping to enjoying the nightlife and sightseeing, Goa offers a luxurious cruise trip, with many of the cruises offering a plethora of activities for children. Some of the top-notch cruises in Goa include the Sunset River Cruise and Goa Bollywood Tour. Let’s get it Go, Goa, Gone…
4. Kerala Backwater Cruise: Talking about cruises and oceans, how can one miss the Kerala Backwater Cruise? The scenic backwaters of Kerala are a serene stretch of briny lakes, landlocked lagoons, and broad and beautiful canals, offering luxurious accommodations and a lavish experience of a lifetime. The eco-friendly houseboat design makes it resistant to the extremities of weather, thereby, not letting the trip fun dampen with the damp weather! Travelling with kids, of course, can be strenuous and challenging, but with the diverse flora and fauna surrounding the cruise and a whirlwind of adventurous activities on the ride. Located in Alappuzha, Kerala, the Kerala Backwater Cruise is a break from the mundane. Some of the cruises here include the Oberoi Vrinda Houseboat, the Luxury Cruise, the Discovery Houseboats, and others.
5. Sundarbans River Cruise: At the confluence of the Padma, Brahmaputra, and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal, the tip of the Ganges is crowned with a mystic mangrove forest on the myriad of islands called the Sundarbans. With the largest mangrove ecosystem in the world, Sundarbans is the largest estuarine park in the world. The epitome of elegance and luxury, the Sundarbans are one of the world heritage sites as declared by UNESCO. Japanese-style ink and brush paintings, live music, a dance soiree, and the saga of poets, artists, musicians, and dancers all contribute to making the cruise a mesmerizing experience for kids. One of the famous cruises in the Sunderbans is the Vivada Cruise.